Reporting To: Deputy CEO
Salary: £26K- £28K (based on the level of experience)
Seniority Level: Mid-level
Location: London/Head Office Tooting
Term: 6 Months Fixed Term Contract (Full-time)
Interview Format: Interviews will be conducted virtually
As a Marketing Lead you will be responsible for implementing the marketing strategy and plan for Tooting Works and Business Launchpad. This role will be responsible for all marketing activities from planning and development to execution. The primary aim for Business Launchpad is to develop brand awareness, increase client retention, create youth led content and showcase our client success stories.
The primary aim for Tooting Works is to increase inquiries and leads, develop strong brand awareness and increase community engagement to help Tooting Works become a community asset.
WHO WE ARE
BLP AIMS TO TRANSFORM YOUNG LIVES THROUGH ENTERPRISE AND SUPPORTING THEM GAIN ENTERPRISE AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS. YOUNG PEOPLE ARE AT THE HEART OF WHAT WE DO.
We offer complete and personalised business guidance and support to in need young entrepreneurs from across London, aged 16 to 30 through workshops and 1:1 business coaching. We work in partnership with young people to enable them to start their own business or move into employment or/and education and training. We aim to develop approaches that empower, support and encourage young people to build confidence and follow their aspirations and fulfil their potential.
BLP owns Trident Business Centre, soon to be rebranded to Tooting Works which is 46, 000 sq/ft and provides affordable office spaces, as well as co-working spaces. We are a social enterprise with 100% of our profits funding the charitable work of Business Launchpad (BLP). Tooting Community Projects (TCP) is ‘powered by’ TBC, as the vehicle to make sure TBC becomes a Community Asset. We are using the resources of the business centre (car park, kitchens and meeting rooms) to provide the local community with safe, sanitised and secure spaces to distribute food and essential items to vulnerable groups in Tooting, South West London during COVID19. In the long-term TCP will create other exciting initiatives, in direct response to local community need. This will include support for young people aged 16-30 who will be heavily impacted by the current crisis.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee both the Tooting Works and Business Launchpad brand to ensure consistency across all marketing touchpoints
- Report on and analyse all marketing activity to review and identify places of improvement
- Manage the Tooting Works and Business Launchpad marketing budget
- Delivery of impactful and effective multichannel marketing campaigns, on time and within budget
- Work with the team to plan and execute local events
- Direct videographers and photographers for all photoshoots
- Produce effective email marketing campaigns via MailChimp
- Implement and refine the marketing strategy and plan
- Take ownership of all social media platforms including content creation to scheduling of posts
- Update content in both Tooting Works and Business Launchpad website backend, WordPress
- Work with the team to create blog posts as well as press releases when needed
- Develop market research as necessary, including both qualitative and quantitative research
- Create and plan a variety of digital campaigns across social media and PPC
- Research and optimise keywords for Google AdWords and SEO
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a marketing role
- Knowledge and/or experience using social media advertising for Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram
- Ability to manage multiple projects at any one time, and ready to take on responsibility.
- Excellent team player and ability to work effectively across multiple teams.
- Solutions orientated and positive “can do” attitude.
- Demonstrable experience in developing content and managing communications across various social media platforms
- Ability to use the CMS WordPress
- Experience using the CRM system Salesforce
- Experience using the Adobe Suite
- Experience using Hootsuite
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and therefore the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. The candidate must be eligible to work in the UK.
Equal Opportunities Statement of policy
For the purpose of this document ‘Business Launchpad’ includes the Trustees, Management Committee, staff, users agencies, members, clients, licensees, users of Business Launchpad and associated companies.
Business Launchpad is committed to providing an environment, which recognises and values people’s differences, and capitalising on the strengths that those differences bring.
Business Launchpad aims to be an equal opportunity employer, and has a policy for this purpose. This policy covers all aspects of employment, including vacancy advertising, selection, recruitment and training, conditions of service and reasons for termination of employment.
We aim to eliminate unlawful discrimination, valuing diversity in respect of age, disability, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin or race, gender, marital status, sexuality, religion or belief, responsibility for dependents or unrelated criminal conviction.
To ensure that this policy is operating effectively (and for no other purpose) the company maintains records of employees’ and applicants’ racial origins, gender and disability.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this role, send your CV and a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date stated above.