Company/Charity: Business Launchpad
Location: Trident Business Centre, Tooting, SW17 9SH
Full -Time: 37.5 Hours
Duration: 6 Months FTC
Salary: 26K-28K based on the level of experience
Start date: (TBC)
Reports to: Deputy CEO
Interview Format: Interviews will be over 2 stages and will be conducted virtually
The Head of Programmes Manager will be responsible for the end to end process of programmes management at Business Launchpad. You will assist the CEO and Deputy CEO with coordinating the strategic planning and delivery of multiple projects across Business Launchpad’s sites. You will work in collaboration with site leads and other stakeholders to ensure tasks such as recruitment, outreach, and delivery of projects, monitoring impact data collection and reporting are managed coherently and in line with strategy. The Head of Programmes manager is expected to develop and maintain the programme environment to support each individual project within it. They will also be in charge of managing set project budgets and operating plans for programmes and supporting the CEO/Deputy CEO with writing any relevant program funding proposals.
This includes developing and leading the Charity’s Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) framework, data collection, supported by the Impact and Development Officer, analysis and reporting writing. The post holder will also have an opportunity to influence the strategic direction of the Charity through producing impact evidence. The post would suit someone who is passionate about data; who enjoys taking the initiative and who has the skillset to help the Charity make evidence-based decisions to support the development of young people.
We are a small team so we work closely together, support one another and help each other out where we can. We are looking for a person-centred leader with at least two years’ experience in senior management, ideally in the voluntary sector. You will have a proven track record of delivering services to young people and will be expected to demonstrate at the interview stage your experience of managing multiple projects and budgets, staff and volunteers and development experience. You’ll have the ability to motivate and support your colleagues, helping and coaching them when they struggle and championing them when they do well. You’ll be genuinely interested in youth empowerment, keen to work with, listen to, and learn from our charity partners, but committed too to being guided by evidence of lasting impact.
WHO WE ARE
BLP AIMS TO TRANSFORM YOUNG LIVES THROUGH ENTERPRISE AND SUPPORTING THEM GAIN ENTERPRISE AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS. YOUNG PEOPLE ARE AT THE HEART OF WHAT WE DO.
We offer complete and personalised business guidance and support to in need young entrepreneurs from across London, aged 16 to 30 through workshops and 1:1 business coaching. We work in partnership with young people to enable them to start their own business or move into employment or/and education and training. We aim to develop approaches that empower, support and encourage young people to build confidence and follow their aspirations and fulfil their potential.
BLP owns Trident Business Centre, soon to be rebranded to Tooting Works which is 46, 000 sq/ft and provides affordable office spaces, as well as co-working spaces. We are a social enterprise with 100% of our profits funding the charitable work of Business Launchpad (BLP). Tooting Community Projects (TCP) is ‘powered by’ TBC, as the vehicle to make sure TBC becomes a Community Asset. We are using the resources of the business centre (car park, kitchens and meeting rooms) to provide the local community with safe, sanitised and secure spaces to distribute food and essential items to vulnerable groups in Tooting, South West London during COVID19. In the long-term TCP will create other exciting initiatives, in direct response to local community need. This will include support for young people aged 16-30 who will be heavily impacted by the current crisis.
You can check out;
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Programme Delivery Manager
- Responsible for the overall integrity and coherency of projects
- Manage the long term goals of each project falling under BLP’s programme schedule
- Work with delivery and finance teams across individual projects to ensure projects are delivered on time and in line with contracts
- Organising projects and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organisation
- Offer direct support to clients coming through individual projects with their mentoring/coaching needs
- Signposting clients to referral partners/coaches/mentors
- Facilitate stakeholder sessions to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services
- Analysing program risks, ensuring they run to budget
- Working with the marketing team to promote and share the impact around the project
- Access external specialist advice as and when required to meet programme need
- Develop and implement creative ways of maintaining focus, enthusiasm and momentum across projects
Data Collection and Evaluation
- Be fully accountable and responsible for the social mission and impact as it relates to projects, and in your representation of BLP
- Line management responsibilities for the Development Officer with potential extension to line managing other staff
- Ensure that up to date records of all client engagement and 1 to 1 sessions, actions set are kept using the CRM (Salesforce)
- Creating M+E framework and ensuring all projects follow the M+E framework
- Developing the necessary tools to capture M+E
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of programme status throughout its life cycle
- For the purpose of reporting to the Board- Provide in a prescribed format, accurate monthly statistics for all support provided across projects
- To review with the Deputy CEO on a regular basis, the progress of individual clients
- To review with the Deputy CEO/ CEO regularly, the performance of the programme against targets
- To provide activity reports indicating how time has been spent in delivering the outputs on each project
- Managing the security of our information and data
- Participate in evaluation, report writing and the development of exit strategies where appropriate
- Continual monitoring of your Salesforce data and record entry processes to ensure it is accurate and up to date
Program Manager Requirements
- Proven experience in program management
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Proven experience in project and team management
- Experience with data collection CRM (Salesforce) would be an advantage
- Experience in managing staff at a senior level
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and therefore the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
Equal Opportunities Statement of policy
For the purpose of this document ‘Business Launchpad’ includes the Trustees, Management Committee, staff, users agencies, members, clients, licensees, users of Business Launchpad and associated companies.
Business Launchpad is committed to providing an environment, which recognises and values people’s differences, and capitalising on the strengths that those differences bring.
Business Launchpad aims to be an equal opportunity employer, and has a policy for this purpose. This policy covers all aspects of employment, including vacancy advertising, selection, recruitment and training, conditions of service and reasons for termination of employment.
We aim to eliminate unlawful discrimination, valuing diversity in respect of age, disability, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin or race, gender, marital status, sexuality, religion or belief, responsibility for dependents or unrelated criminal conviction.
To ensure that this policy is operating effectively (and for no other purpose) the company maintains records of employees’ and applicants’ racial origins, gender and disability.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this role, send your CV and a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date stated above.